Effective Date: May 6, 2021.
- Introduction and Overview.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
- Information Collection.
- Information You Provide.
We collect information about you when you use the Service or interact with us offline, including information you provide when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase, participate in a promotion, contact customer support, or apply for a job. The categories of information we collect include:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data, including country, age, gender identity, sexual orientation.
- Grant Information; information that you submit in connection with a grant application or proposal.
- Financial Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments, and other financial account information that you may provide in connection with donations or grants.
- Profile Data, including your interests, inferences, preferences and favorites.
- Survey Data, we collect your responses to surveys that we may conduct from time-to-time.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Service (such as in social media comments, article or blog comments).
- Employment Data, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
- Information Collected Automatically.
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect include:
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
The types of tracking technologies we use to automatically collect information include:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
- Information from Other Sources.
We also collect information from other sources. The categories of sources from which we collect information include:
- Social networks with which you interact.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
- Data brokers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Your company or organization, if someone at your company/organization designates you as a contact person for that company/organization or includes information about you, for example, in proposal documents submitted to us as part of a grant application.
- Other visitors to our Websites or users of our Services may provide us your information in any feedback, comments, photos, videos, or other information submitted via online portals, electronic forms, surveys, or interactive portions of our sites, including via our social media pages.
- One of our employees or service providers acting on apparent authority provides it to us when registering you to access our facilities or our sites, apply for a job, or participate in one of our events.
- Use of Information.
- Operating and managing our Service.
- Performing services requested by you, such as responding to your comments, questions, and requests, and providing customer service.
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitoring and analysing trends, usage, and activities.
- Conducting research, including focus groups and surveys.
- Improving the Service and other Company websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Processing your grant or proposal
- Developing and sending advertising, direct marketing, and communications about our and other entities’ services, products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- Conducting promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries.
- For employment purposes.
- Fulfilling any other purpose at your direction.
- With notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Sharing of Information.
- Service Providers. We share information with service providers that process information on our behalf. Service providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. We may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors and other parties for analytics and advertising related purposes. These parties may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below.
- Affiliates. We share information with our affiliates and related entities, including where they act as our service providers or for their own internal purposes.
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Public Forums. We share information you make public through the Service, such as information in your profile or that you post on public boards. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
- Data Brokers. We may share information with data brokers in order to link information about you with additional information.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Other Parties.
We offer parts of our Service through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by other parties. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by other parties into parts of our Service. Some examples include:
- Links. Our Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us.
- Liking, Sharing, Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on social media, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
- Analytics and Advertising.
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Service. In addition, we work with agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and other technology services to place ads about our products and services on other websites and services. For example, we place ads through Google and Facebook that you may view on their platforms as well as on other websites and services.
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our own Service (including our website and emails) as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Service or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us uploading a customer list to another party or incorporating a pixel from another party into our own Service, and the other party matching common factors between our data and their data or other datasets. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Service and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Service and your rights and choices regarding analytics, Interest-based Advertising, and Matched Ads, please see the “Information Collected Automatically” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections.
- Your Rights and Choices.
- Account Information.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Tracking Technology Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
- Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/ .
The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads are required by us to give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
To opt out of us using your data for Matched Ads, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt out of matched ads. We will request that the applicable party not serve you matched ads based on information we provide to it. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable party to opt out.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
- Calls. You can opt-out of receiving calls to your phone number at any time by for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
The Service is intended for general audiences, and is not directed at children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected personal information in violation of COPPA, contact us at the email address in the “Contact Us” section below. We will remove the personal information in accordance with COPPA.
- Data Security and Retention.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
- International Transfer.
- Contact Us.