Founding Executive Director
Full-Time, Remote Position
Salary $130,000-150,000 depending on experience.
Are you ready to make herstory?
Calling all pioneers, change-makers, and leaders who are passionate about raising the collective voices of lesbians, queer women, trans women, and non-binary people of all races and ages to share our stories, connect with each other, and raise visibility.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Curve Foundation is hiring our Founding Executive Director. This is a powerful opportunity to be a catalyst in the formation of a groundbreaking project to create a foundation that is of, by, and for the Curve Community. The Curve Foundation will give voice to, validate, and preserve the experiences and stories of the lesbians, queer women, trans women, and non-binary people of all races and ages who make up the Curve Community.
The Vision of The Curve Foundation is to form partnerships and make grants that spur active storytelling and cross-generational dialogue around the Curve Community. We will do this by supporting journalism inspired by the tradition of Curve magazine, investing in the next generation of intersectional leaders, and bolstering existing community archives as a resource to ensure our culture and history can be known.
The Director is deeply aligned with the Foundation’s values and shares our commitment to diversity, equity, and justice. The Director is a generalist/creator with outstanding leadership skills, experience in implementing ideas and concepts, building structure, fundraising, and managing nonprofit finance. The Director leads and manages all aspects of The Curve Foundation and accomplishes its mission with input from the foundation’s founders and Advisory Council.
The Director is highly responsive, comfortable with ambiguity, and is a “doer” who moves multiple projects forward expeditiously. Key responsibilities include refining a business plan to serve the Foundation’s mission, creating and meeting programmatic goals, fundraising, communicating vision, relationship development, strategic planning, Advisory Council relations, and creating a vibrant and expressive organizational culture.
- Furnish the direction, inspiration, and motivation necessary to ensure the Foundation’s success.
Program Strategy, Design, and Implementation
- Develop and implement innovative and effective programming and grant-making strategies and systems that are aligned with the Foundation’s vision/mission.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising and donor relations plan to identify and secure the funding to implement the Foundation’s strategic plan. Build and maintain stellar relationships with individual and institutional funders.
- Act as primary spokesperson for the Foundation, contributing to the dialogue, vision, and direction of the relevant local, national, or international communities for the fields of the Foundation’s focus areas.
Management and Administration
- Develop and implement effective administration and financial strategies and systems that are aligned with the foundation’s vision/mission.
The Executive Director is a results-oriented leader who is persuasive and accustomed to a “hands-on” approach and who has:
- A passion for the stories and voices of the Curve Community – lesbians, queer women, trans women, bi women, non-binary people of all races and ages
- Deep alignment with the foundation’s values and experience in promoting social and racial justice
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the areas of philanthropy, social profit leadership, external relations, fundraising, and donor relations
- Ability to lead, collaborate with, and inspire diverse colleagues, project partners, and other constituents, including the ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a team
- Demonstrated analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with broad and diverse audiences
- Experience handling multiple priorities effectively, organizing time efficiently, and a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Minimum of five years of relevant high-level experience in management, strategic planning, executing programs, and directing complex initiatives
- Ability to work remotely and travel as required
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with responsibilities and experience. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Curve Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary, genderqueer, and/or inter-sex are highly encouraged to apply. The Curve Foundation maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to employees and applicants for employment. No aspect of employment will be influenced in any matter by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital or parental status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, physical disability, medical condition (including HIV or AIDS status), perceived physical disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining why you’re a stellar choice for this position to [email protected].